- Last week we divided Matthew 6:9-15 into two units. The first unit is Matthew 6:9-10. This unit is concerned with the glory of God. The second unit is Matthew 6:11-15. This unit is concerned with the disciple's needs and his relationship with other persons.
- What is the significance of the word "daily" in verse 11?
- To what does "bread" refer in verse 11?
- When reading verse 12, read vv 14 -15 with it, as they are both teaching the same idea.
- "and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one" at first strikes us as a very strange request. Why should we have to ask God not to lead us into temptation? Isn't that something we can take for granted? What are we to make of such a petition? To help you on your way, may I suggest to you that this is a litotes.
See you Wednesday!