Verse of the Day

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Memory Verses For Each Week Of The Year

Top 52 Bible Verses for Memorization, List One
Compiled by Gary George


25 from the Old Testament: Gen. 3:15; Lev. 17:11; Josh. 24:15; 1 Sam.16:7; Job 19:25-27; Ps. 19:1; 40:2,3; 51:4; 139:23,24; Pr. 3:5,6; 14:12; Is. 1:18; 9:6; 26:3; 40:31; 45:22; 53:5; 55:8,9; 11; 59:2; 64:6; Jer. 13:23; 17:9; Ezek. 3:18; Dan. 4:35.

27 from the New Testament: Mt. 1:21; 10:28; 11:28-30; Mk. 8:36; Jn. 1:12; 1:29; 3:3; 3:16; 14:6; 15:13; Acts 4:12; Rom. 3:23; 5:12; 6:23; 8:28; 10:9; 2 Cor. 5:21; Eph. 2:8,9; Ph. 1:6; 1 Tim. 2:5; 2 Tim. 3:16; Tit. 3:5; Heb. 9:22; 1 Pet. 5:8; 2 Pet. 1:20,21; 1 Jn. 1:9; Rev. 3:20.

Note: Every believer should know these verses by heart. Learning these at the rate of one per week will enable you to complete the list in a year! Two verses together are considered one. This is the first of two such lists Gary George has compiled. These lists of memory verses constitutes a challenge to every believer to spend more time in the Word daily laboring to read, study, mediate on and memorize not just these verses, but many others. You are encouraged to begin memorizing entire chapters and then books of the Bible. Your time engaged in this activity may be the best investment of your Christian life this side of glory!

*************************************************************

Gen. 3:15 - And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Lev. 17:11 - For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

Josh. 24:15 - And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

1 Sam. 16:7 - But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart.

Job 19:25-27 - For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.

Ps. 19:1 - The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

Ps. 40:2-3 - He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord.

Ps. 51:4 - Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.

Ps. 139:23-24 - Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Pr. 3:5-6 - Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Pr. 14:12 - There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Is. 1:18 - Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

Is. 9:6 - For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Is. 26:3 - Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

Is. 40:31 - But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Is. 45:22 - Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

Is. 53:5 - But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Is. 55:8-9 - For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Is. 55:11 - So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Is. 59:2 - But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.

Is. 64:6 - But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Jer. 13:23 - Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil.

Jer. 17:9 - The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Ezek. 3:18 - When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

Dan. 4:35 - And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

Mt. 1:21 - And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Mt. 10:28 - And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Mt. 11:28-30 - Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Mark 8:36 - For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

John 1:12 - But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

John 1:29 - The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

John 3:3 - Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 14:6 - Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 15:13 - Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Acts 4:12 - Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Rom. 3:23 - For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Rom. 5:12 - Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Rom. 6:23 - For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Rom. 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Rom. 10:9 - That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

2 Cor. 5:21 - For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Eph. 2:8-9 - For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Phil. 1:6 - Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

1 Tim. 2:5 - For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

2 Tim. 3:16 - All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Tit. 3:5 - Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Heb. 9:22 - And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

1 Pet. 5:8 - Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

2 Pet. 1:20-21 - Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

1 Jn. 1:9 - If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Rev. 3:20 - Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

No comments: